There are two things that are guaranteed to thrive in our future; people and technology. I’m in the art of building the bridge between aesthetics and function when it comes to creating digital experiences for users. Call me a UI/UX Designer, Front End Developer, Creative Technologist, or Digital Designer; I love to work with colors, code, shapes, and motion. Empathy is at the heart of my process.
- Marvel ( Specifically Janet Van Dyne aka the Wasp, I can write a comic book about this character…since she never got a solo run )
- Trying New Hairstyles
- Sci-fi/Comedy TV ( Parks and Rec, Star Trek )
Front End Developer
Drive Social Media · Oct 2020 – Present
- Designs low and high fidelity mockups of websites with Adobe XD and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Coordinates and consults with clients and various departments within the company to brainstorm and provide direction
- Performs project management, user experience and copywriting duties as needed
- Increases click through rate by at least 200% and reduces poor user flow on client sites while preforming site maintenance and audits
Creative Technologist Intern
Momentum Worldwide · Jun 2019 – Aug 2019
- Worked on projects for Verizon, Allergan, Suntrust and Chevron.
- Collaborated with other interns to pitch an immersive event activation to HiBAR, a sustainable haircare brand.
Web Design Intern
St Louis Public Radio (NPR) · May 2018- Aug 2018
- Redesigned ‘about’ and ‘staff’ pages with Dreamweaver on St Louis Public Radio’s website to improve User Experience. Illustrated web graphics for the journalism project ‘Curious Louis’. Formatted the daily e-newsletter ‘Look Read Listen’.
Freelance Digital Designer
Adanmacreates · 2015 – Present
- Consult, brainstorm, conceptualize and fulfill projects for clients depending on overall business goals. tasks include logo design, social media graphics, website design and development, and illustration
- Utilizes verbal and written communication to pitch and collaborate with clients
- Maintains an active social media presence and regularly updates professional website
Graphic and Web Designer
Webster University · Aug 2016- May 2019
- Global Marketing & Communications: Updated campus website with information and teacher syllabi through Omni Update. Resolved service tickets through ServiceNow and other coding activities.
- Multicultural and International Student Center: Oversaw art direction for the center, created graphics for promotion, lead student team when planning events, engaged with students on campus, and carried out other office duties. Previously was the main social media manager.
- Gorlock Radio: Build a WordPress website for the campus radio and kept it updated with events and podcasts. Designed other graphics.
Video / Art Apprentice
St Louis ArtWorks · Jun 2015- Jul 2016
Edited promotional and narrative videos in iMovie and Final Cut Pro with a student team. Joined the Printmaking team to create artwork to sell to the community. Led client meetings for concept design and mural planning.
Skills + Tools
- Wireframing + Prototyping
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Digital Illustration
- Presentation Design
- Video Editing + Graphics
- PHP + Twig
- WordPress Maintenance
- E-commerce (Woo)
- Various Page Builders
- Client Relations
- Agile Development
St Louis, Missouri · 2016 – 2020
- Graduated Cum Ladue with a Bachelor of Arts In Interaction Design and a Minor in Graphic Design
Graphic Designer/Board Member
Association for African American Collegians · 2019 – 2020
- Designs promotional print and digital graphics
- Helped to organize and decorate a 50 Year Anniversary Gala
- Engaged with students during group meetings and promoted events on campus
Your Project is My Passion
I have worked with fashion brands, non profits, artists and entertainers within my community to visualize their mission and aesthetic. My favorite projects highlight minority communities and elevate modern ideas or perspectives.