There are two things that are guaranteed to thrive in our future; people and technology. I’m in the art of building the bridge between aesthetics and function when it comes to creating digital experiences for users. Call me a UI/UX Designer, Front End Developer, Creative Technologist, or Digital Designer; I love to work with colors, code, shapes, and motion. Empathy is at the heart of my process.
- Marvel ( Specifically Janet Van Dyne aka the Wasp, I can write a comic book about this character…since she never got a solo run )
- Trying New Hairstyles
- Sci-fi/Comedy TV ( Parks and Rec, Star Trek )
Lead UI/UX Designer
BAM Technologies · Nov 2021 – Present
- Creates user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes using Adobe XD for complex enterprise DoD systems.
- Leads Design System Team in establishing and maintaining the company’s atomic based design. system and style guide with new standards, documentation and over 200 XD + React components.
- Collaborates with Full Stack developers, product owners, business analysts, data analysts and designers on over 9 cross-functional Agile Scrum teams. Provides CSS styling direction to devs.
Freelance Digital Designer
Adanmacreates · 2015 – Present
- Consult, brainstorm, conceptualize and fulfill projects for clients depending on overall business goals. tasks include logo design, social media graphics, website design and development, and illustration
- Utilizes verbal and written communication to pitch and collaborate with clients
- Maintains an active social media presence and regularly updates professional website
Creative Technologist Intern
Momentum Worldwide · Jun 2019 – Aug 2019
- Worked on projects for Verizon, Allergan, Suntrust and Chevron.
- Collaborated with other interns to pitch an immersive event activation to HiBAR, a sustainable haircare brand.
Front End Developer
Drive Social Media · Oct 2020 – Present
- Designs low and high fidelity mockups of websites with Adobe XD and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Coordinates and consults with clients and various departments within the company to brainstorm and provide direction
- Performs project management, user experience and copywriting duties as needed
- Increases click through rate by at least 200% and reduces poor user flow on client sites while preforming site maintenance and audits
Graphic and Web Designer
Webster University · Aug 2016- May 2019
- Global Marketing & Communications: Updated campus website with information and teacher syllabi through Omni Update. Resolved service tickets through ServiceNow and other coding activities.
- Multicultural and International Student Center: Oversaw art direction for the center, created graphics for promotion, lead student team when planning events, engaged with students on campus, and carried out other office duties. Previously was the main social media manager.
- Gorlock Radio: Build a WordPress website for the campus radio and kept it updated with events and podcasts. Designed other graphics.
Web Design Intern
St Louis Public Radio (NPR) · May 2018- Aug 2018
- Redesigned ‘about’ and ‘staff’ pages with Dreamweaver on St Louis Public Radio’s website to improve User Experience. Illustrated web graphics for the journalism project ‘Curious Louis’. Formatted the daily e-newsletter ‘Look Read Listen’.
Skills + Tools
- Wireframing + Prototyping
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Digital Illustration
- Presentation Design
- Video Editing + Graphics
- PHP + Twig
- WordPress Maintenance
- E-commerce (Woo)
- Various Page Builders
- Client Relations
- Agile Development
St Louis, Missouri · 2016 – 2020
- Graduated Cum Ladue with a Bachelor of Arts In Interaction Design and a Minor in Graphic Design
Web Designer and Developer
Craft Academy (Non Profit) · April 2022 – August 2022
- Designed and built an online tutoring platform for a new non-profit focused on teaching crafting skills.
- Strategically implemented page builders, plus-ins and custom code to build a dynamic booking system.
- Site reached a second place Google Search ranking with over 40 tutoring sessions booked in the first 3 months. The platform is used by over 8 teachers on a daily basis.
Your Project is My Passion
I have worked with fashion brands, government contractors, and entertainers within my community to visualize their mission and aesthetic. My favorite projects highlight minority communities and elevate modern ideas or perspectives.